Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Question of Credibility

A little while ago on a blog entitled "A Tribute To Your Thoughts", the blog owner, who is a former follower of Esha "Evia" Moore, posted an email that she sent to Evia. The email goes like this:

Hi Evia,

This is La (___________). I want to ask you if it is possible for me to obtain some information regarding your blog subscriptions.

Now, I know you may not respond, and I’m aware we don’t see eye to eye on things. However, I’ve shared your blog with a few friends and co-workers and they would like to know your subscription price etc, so would I. Apart from that, there are many things you and some of your commenters have said over the months that I firmly agree with, which has helped me in many ways. I personally admire your drive and courage. I also know this is not easy for you, but you continue to do so unapologetically. I would like you to continue what I call “the awareness growth” on these matters of interracial dating and such for many black women. I’m sorry people had interfere or disrupt with negating comments as I may have in the past. I hope there is no hard feelings.

Thank you so much for your time, and I know you are also busy, but in any event, I would like to hear from you.

Peace and Blessings!

L. ______

The blog author then posts a version of her email that Evia tampers with and then posts on her blog. The version tampered by Evia goes like this:

Hi Evia,This is La (___________). I want to ask you if it is possible for me to obtain a subscription to your blog - with serious consideration that I am also financially challenged in terms of discount. I am being very serious, humble and sincere with these two request and thought about asking for a while now. Now, I know you may reject me because we have not seen eye to eye on things and you may think I have nerves. I realize you may flat out dislike me as I might have given you reason to. However, I would like to say that I have been doing some serious thinking over the months and reforming my ideals in terms of my own self denial and personal issues as a black female. Apart from that, there are many things you and some of your commenters have said over the months that I firmly agree with, which has helped me in many ways. I personally admire your drive and courage. I also know this is not easy for you, but you continue to do so unapologetically. I would like to continue what I call “my awareness growth” on these matters of interracial dating and such. I will NOT interfere or disrupt with negating comments as I may have in the past. I don’t do much commenting lately on many things as well. I rather listen/read and learn. If you want to reject my request, please let me know also. I will understand without hard feelings or bitterness. I know you are also busy, but in any event, I would like to hear from you. Thanks again, L. _________ (I removed La’s last name.)

Big difference right? Evia nearly totally alters this young woman's email and posts it on her blog as if these were this young lady's exact words. So with this occurance, can one ever consider anything Evia posts as credible? This brings me to a recent post by Evia where she posts and alleged email from someone named Cocoa (a not very original name). Based on her history, can we be confident that this is not simply a character from Evia's imagination that she is trying to fool us into believing is an actual person? Isn't it funny that this person who claims to have only been reading Evia's blog for a month spouts the exact same rhetoric that Evia constantly regurgitates? Lets take a look.

"Cocoa" (Evia?) says "I see it every time I walk on to the college campus. Young black women with sour faces at events because they've been passed over for not being light or white enough, yet criticized also for not acting "black" enough."

So I find it interesting that one can see a woman with a sour face on a college campus and conclude that her face is sour because she has been passed over for not being light enough or for not acting black enough. Sort of reminds me of how they used to translate Lassie's barking into complete sentences.

Maybe their faces are sour because they are weary of the pressures of college, such pressures being financial, academic, etc.? Maybe their faces are sour because they have such demeanors and while they may look sour, they may actually be quite happy on the inside? Here's more:

It is scary to think that if I did land an ideal BM that I could have black daughters who could possibly be husbandless or single their entire lives.

So if she lands the "ideal" white man, she would not have daughters who are considered black?

Read through the entire thing and see the bs in it. I doubt that anyone but Evia wrote it hoping that her naive followers will believe that she receives such emails. And as far as the subject matter, if you ask any young black male or female who has no such agenda as Evia and her ilk, they will typically confirm that they have not observed any of such claims. I know that I haven't.

2 comments:

RainaHavock said...

As a college student at a HBCU I personally don't believe this crap. The only time I see a girl with a sour face is because she stress as hell over the course load or maybe financial aid has messed up her check. Especially my fellow med/pharmacy majors. Also for the daughter don't you know that in America she is still black and they haven't got rid of that one drop rule thing yet.

I remember this from La's blog a while back. It's a shame Evia has to go so low and change her words.

Rocky said...

Raina

Practically every study on the issue has shown that black women have higher self esteem than white women and that white women suffer from depression and commit suicide at clearly higher rates than black women.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/236874/there_are_differences_in_selfesteem.html?cat=72

The "Something Screwed" crew simply make things up.